When Executive Chef Kelt Hugo Maat and Maître D’ Bas Kruisselbrink were developing their concept of a fine dining experience, they had one simple goal in mind: To create an experience that would truly delight the senses of guests. It dawned on them that SENSES would therefore be the perfect name for their restaurant located in the world-renowned award-winning Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort in Aruba. Here’s how SENSES Fine Dining delights all your senses:
SENSES Fine Dining Delights Your Sense of TASTE
Perhaps the most important of all the senses to delight in a fine dining experience is the sense of taste. Executive Chef Kelt Hugo Maat discovered his unique culinary passion is when he has the opportunity to take a classic dish, deconstruct its components, and then re-combine them in new and exciting ways. Trained in classic French culinary traditions, Kelt also allows his cooking to be enhanced by various places he has lived and worked, including Dutch, Norwegian and Indonesian influences. He is happiest when using ingredients of the finest quality – local and organic whenever possible, which is not an easy feat on an island like Aruba where surprisingly little agriculture takes place. He also prefers to prepare meats and proteins with the sous vide technique for maximum flavor. The magic of what Kelt accomplishes is in how you will be able to distinctly taste each ingredient in every dish.
SENSES Fine Dining Delights Your Sense of SIGHT
There are several different ways that SENSES Fine Dining delights your sense of sight. There is, of course, the sheer beauty of each dish that is painstakingly assembled with each component for maximum aesthetic impact. The results are dishes that look as good as they taste. But then there’s also the fact that you get to see the master chef at work, watching his culinary process in action and the assembly of each dish you will then enjoy in this exclusive fine dining experience. The say that “seeing is believing” and you’ll get to put that old adage to the test as you watch the magic happen before your very eyes.
SENSES Fine Dining Delights Your Sense of SMELL
Your sense of taste and your sense of smell are intimately intertwined. You’ve no doubt noticed that when you’re severely congested from a head cold, your sense of taste is changed and often diminished. This is why back in the day when children had to take bad-tasting medicine, they would hold their noses – to lessen how much they tasted. The various food smells that come with each dish will greatly enhance your sense of taste. This is because messages about taste and smell converge in your brain to bring about your perception of flavor.
SENSES Fine Dining Delights Your Sense of SOUND
Part of the SENSES Fine Dining experience is hearing from both Maître D’ Bas Kruisselbrink and Executive Chef Kelt Hugo Maat. This is not the kind of dining experience where everything interesting happens behind closed doors while you sit and wait for the food to magically appear out of nowhere. This is a face-to-face interactive culinary journey where the host and chef talk to you about what’s happening and why. Bas will make initial introductory remarks and explain the rationale of wine pairings and Kelt will let you in on the secrets of his culinary craft.
SENSES Fine Dining Delights Your Sense of TOUCH
You may be wondering how your sense of touch comes into play in a fine dining experience. If you’ve ever been turned off or on by how food feels when you put it in your mouth, then you understand exactly how it comes into play. The texture of food is surprisingly important to the overall effect, and you’ll find a diverse array of textures throughout your meal that will both surprise and delight.
Guidelines for Successful Fine Dining at SENSES
Here are somethings to keep in mind that will enhance your fine dining experience at SENSES:
- Doors open at 7PM, and we need everyone to arrive on-time in order to stay on track for the evening.
- We encourage you to take pictures during your dining experience to share with your social media networks!
- Please note that we do not serve children (due to resort rules, all guests must be 18+).
- Because of the exclusive nature of dining at SENSES, you will be required to pay a reservation fee of $40 per person to hold your space during a seating with a maximum of 16 guests. The price we charge for our 5-8 course dinner experience at SENSES including a glass of Prosecco is $100 per person, and the $40 booking fee will be deducted from that price on the final bill. Please note that you can upgrade your SENSES experience with wine pairings for an additional fee of $79 per person. We also make available a selection of cocktails, beers and wines (by the glass or bottle).
- If anyone in your party has food allergies, please let us know in advance to find out if we can accommodate them.
- Finally, please plan on enjoying your meal for at least two hours – we don’t want you to rush through this kind of unique dining experience.
We look forward to delighting all of your senses at SENSES. Book your reservation online at our website or call us at +297 586-0044.